The theme includes the study of the functioning and the spatiotemporal dynamics of surfaces and continental interfaces, under anthropological and climatic forcing.
- the functioning of grounds and vegetation (flows, balance sheets, processes...)
- the cycle of the waterthe biogeochemical cycles
- the nature and the evolution of the landscapes
- the exchanges of surfaces and continental interfaces with the atmosphere and the ocean
- the interactions between global changes and functioning of surfaces
- the constitution of indicators for the environment and the societies
Remote sensing which is a major tool of observation, supplying relevant information on the state of the planet and our environment, while providing a complete coverage and a spatiotemporal resolution allowing to get the imprint of the anthropological activities, requires however efforts of research on:
- the physics of the measure,
- the definition of relevant observablethe calibration,
- the validation
- the elaboration of highly-developed products from space observations
- the in situ / models satellite integrationthe multi-parameters analysis for the understanding of the processes
- the valorisation in societal applications.